There's an old Latin phrase you'll probably hear a lot - “caveat emptor,” which means, “Let the buyer beware.” Or, to use a slightly more modern phrase, “You pay your money, you take your chances.” Many unethical manufacturers or marketers use these phrases to justify their products and their claims that they owe nothing in compensation.
Rest assured, the legal system does not work like that. If you bought a product, used it properly and suffered an injury as a result, you have options. And our experienced Baltimore product liability attorneys can help you pursue justice and compensation for your personal injuries.
We take these cases seriously because we know they're serious. And we strongly believe in holding companies accountable when they design, manufacture and market a dangerous product that hurts innocent people.
If you've suffered an injury in the Baltimore, Maryland area as the result of a shoddy consumer product, our product liability attorneys can help. Please call Cohen & Dwin, PA today at 410-653-6000 for a free consultation.
Product Cases We Can Handle
Tens of thousands of people are hurt every year as the result of defective products. In many of these cases, the companies that created the product knew there were serious issues and did not invest the time or the money necessary to make the product safe. This is unacceptable.
Defective product cases tend to fall into three broad categories:
- Design: There was a flaw in the initial design of the product that rendered it unsafe, meaning the entire enterprise was troubled from the beginning
- Production: In these cases, the design was perfectly adequate, but a systematic flaw in the company's production network (the use of shoddy materials, improper oversight, or similar issues) made the product dangerous
- Marketing: Finally, there are cases where the product was designed and produced properly, but was marketed in a way that made it dangerous to use – for example, pharmaceutical companies will occasionally market a drug that's approved for the treatment of condition A as a potential solution for condition B.
Any one of these flaws puts innocent people in danger, and our product liability attorneys have the know-how to vigorously and successfully pursue and investigate these cases.
We have handled a significant range of product liability claims, including those involving:
- Automobile parts
- Drugs (over the counter and prescription)
Don't be discouraged if your product doesn't fall into one of those categories. We can still help.
What To Do After a Defective Product Injury
If you've suffered an injury after using a defective product, it's important to stay calm and think about your long-term legal interests. This can be difficult, but by taking the right steps in the immediate aftermath of an injury you can protect yourself and your rights.
Here's what you should do after such an injury:
- Keep the product. Don't put yourself at risk, but do everything you can to keep the product close at hand and available for inspection.
- Gather any records you have related to the purchase or maintenance of the product.
- Seek medical attention and request copies of any records generated from your care
- Arrange a free consultation with our product liability attorneys
We want to hear your story. We will listen to you, examine the evidence you bring to your consultation, talk to you about your case and help you decide if legal action is the right course of action for you.
If you need an experienced product liability attorney in or around Baltimore, Maryland, please call Cohen & Dwin, PA today at 410-653-6000 for a free consultation.