Personal Injury Attorney in Garrison, MD
Were you hurt in a car accident, a slip-and-fall, a workplace injury, or another accident in Garrison that was not your fault? These incidents are rarely accidental. Someone else’s negligence is often to blame. When this happens, you may find yourself forced to deal with painful injuries, mounting medical expenses, lost pay, and financial stress and strain.
What can you do when you are injured due to someone else’s negligent or reckless actions? One option is to file a personal injury claim against them to recover compensation for your physical pain, medical expenses, missed wages, and other losses. An experienced Garrison personal injury attorney can help you seek fair compensation for your injuries and the losses you’ve incurred.
If you’ve recently been hurt in an accident, the team at Cohen & Dwin, P.A., is here to help people just like you. Since 1977, our highly skilled personal injury lawyers have been helping Maryland residents in Garrison and elsewhere seek the compensation they deserve for their injuries. We have more than 100 years of combined legal experience. You won’t owe us any fees unless and until we get you the money you deserve.
Call us today or visit our contact page for your free, no-obligation consultation. We’re ready to discuss the circumstances of your accident and explain your rights and legal options.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Garrison
There are many different kinds of personal injury cases. If you were injured due to someone else’s reckless or negligent actions, there’s a good chance you may have a personal injury case against them. More than one party could be liable for your injuries.
Some of the Garrison personal injury cases we handle at our firm include:
- Car accidents – Though they’re referred to as “accidents,” many car crashes aren’t accidental at all. Rather, they’re the result of either deliberate or negligent behavior by one of the drivers. This includes things like drunk driving, distracted driving, speeding, reckless and aggressive driving, and more.
- Motorcycle accidents – Motorcycle accidents may seem similar to car accidents, but the injuries are often more severe because motorcycles lack many of the protections that cars provide. Furthermore, motorcycle accident victims often have to contend with unfair stereotypes that can make it difficult for them to get fair compensation for their injuries.
- Truck accidents – Truck accidents often result in more extensive injuries than car accidents because trucks are so much bigger and heavier than passenger cars, or even large SUVs. Truck accident cases are also more challenging than other motor vehicle accident cases. Trucking companies have substantial resources that most individual drivers don’t have, and there may be multiple parties who are liable for your injuries.
- Pedestrian accidents – Sadly, it’s very easy for a distracted or negligent driver to accidentally strike a pedestrian. Even if it’s accidental, though, these drivers need to be held accountable when they fail in their duty to prevent pedestrians from being injured.
- Medical malpractice – Medication errors, surgical mistakes, a misdiagnosis, or a delayed diagnosis can all do serious harm. However, medical malpractice cases are notoriously difficult to win, so make sure you get help from an experienced lawyer to give yourself the best chance at recovering compensation.
- Workplace accidents and injuries – Workers’ compensation cases can be extremely complex. In most cases, you deserve compensation if you’re injured while on the job. Our lawyers will fight hard to make sure you’re properly compensated for your workplace injury.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect – Nursing home abuse is shockingly common. Negligent facilities need to be held accountable when they allow abuse and neglect to occur. Common examples of nursing home abuse include bedsores, inadequate medical care, physical or sexual assault by staff members or other residents, being too tightly restrained, and medication errors.
- Dog bites – While many dogs are friendly and generally harmless, some dogs are not. Even well-trained dogs may attack under certain circumstances. Dog bites can cause horrific injuries, including severe scarring and infections. These types of injuries may also cause long-term mental health problems, such as anxiety issues or post-traumatic stress disorder.
- Product liability – We use innumerable products every day in our lives, and we take it for granted that these products are safe. However, sometimes a design or manufacturing defect can make a product unsafe. Common examples of product liability cases include defective parts in cars and unsafe children’s toys.
- Defective drugs – Defective drug claims are a subset of product liability cases, and they merit special mention. These drugs can have disastrous side effects if they’re not properly tested and marketed, and sometimes it can take years for these ill-effects to manifest. Be sure to speak to an attorney right away if you suspect you’ve suffered harm from a defective drug.
Where Our Garrison Law Firm Is Located
We serve Maryland residents throughout the state, including in Garrison. Our office’s mailing address is in Owings Mills:
9505 Reisterstown Rd.
Suite 1 North
Owings Mills, MD 21117
While we are more than happy to meet you wherever you are in Maryland, here’s how you can find our office:
- From the north – Follow I-795 southbound to Exit 4. Take a right off of Owings Mills Boulevard onto Reisterstown Road, then look for our building.
- From the south – Follow I-795 northbound to Exit 4. Take a right off of Owings Mills Boulevard onto Reisterstown Road, then look for our building.
- From the east – Follow I-695 westbound to Exit 20, then look for our building about two miles farther up Reisterstown Road.
- From the west – Follow I-695 eastbound to Exit 20, then look for our building about two miles farther up Reisterstown Road.
Talk to a Garrison Personal Injury Attorney Now
Maryland law gives you three years from the date of an accident to file a personal injury lawsuit. To give your legal team the time needed to build the strongest possible case, you should talk to a lawyer as soon as you can.
Call us today or visit our contact page to schedule your free case review.