Personal Injury Lawyer in Pikesville
No matter how careful you are, you can’t always account for the actions of others. That means innocent people are injured every day when other people fail to exercise adequate care and caution.
So, what happens if you are hit by a drunk driver, bitten by an aggressive dog, injured due to medical malpractice, slip on a wet floor, or are otherwise injured due to someone else’s carelessness? While nothing can reverse time and prevent the accident from happening, the law allows you to hold the at-fault party financially accountable for the harm you suffer and the losses you incur.
The Pikesville personal injury lawyers at the law firm of Cohen & Dwin, PA, have been helping accident victims seek justice since 1977. With over 100 years of combined experience, our Maryland personal injury attorneys have helped people with a wide range of cases, including motor vehicle accidents, medical malpractice, nursing home abuse, dog bites, defective products, dangerous prescription drugs, and more.
We are committed to providing compassionate and assertive legal representation to our clients. We will not ask for attorney fees unless you collect compensation for your injuries. Contact our office today for a free case review.
Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Pikesville, MD
Our Pikesville, Maryland, personal injury attorneys have extensive experience handling a wide variety of cases, including:
- Motor-vehicle accidents — No matter what they drive, Maryland motorists must follow the rules of the road to keep themselves and others safe. Drunk or drug-impaired driving, distracted driving, aggressive driving, speeding, driving while fatigued, and other forms of negligence kill and injure thousands of people each year. Our law firm has experience with car accidents, truck accidents, motorcycle accidents, bicycle accidents, and pedestrian accidents.
- Dog bites — We all love our pets, but dogs must be supervised and restrained to protect others from harm. Dog bites can cause severe, long-lasting injuries, including permanent disfigurement and psychological trauma. Small children may even face the risk of death. You may have the right to compensation if someone’s aggressive dog bit you.
- Nursing home abuse and neglect — We trust nursing homes to treat elderly patients with respect and compassion. All too often, however, nursing home residents are subjected to neglect and physical, verbal, and sexual abuse. Nursing home residents are also common victims of financial crimes. We have experience handling troubling legal matters like these.
- Medical malpractice — A stunning study from Johns Hopkins Medicine suggests that medical errors are the third-leading cause of death in the United States. Prescription errors, surgical errors, birth injuries, lab errors, misdiagnosis or delayed diagnosis, and other forms of malpractice impact thousands of lives. We have the resources necessary to help you hold negligent healthcare workers accountable if they fail to meet an acceptable standard of care.
- Defective products — Defective products cause substantial injuries to Maryland residents of all ages. We can help if you were injured by a product with a design or manufacturing defect or if it was improperly marketed.
- Dangerous drugs — Pharmaceutical companies sometimes cut corners in developing medications to get the drug to market more quickly. These cut corners can result in thousands of injuries to unsuspecting patients. We can help you hold drug companies responsible if a dangerous prescription medication has injured you.
- Workers’ compensation — Injuries that occur at work are stressful; and frequently raise the question: How will I pay for the cost of living? Our experienced workers’ comp lawyers will fight to get you the compensation you deserve during your recovery.
Do I Need Help from a Pikesville Personal Injury Lawyer?
Some very minor accidents, such as fender-benders without significant injuries, may not require legal counsel. But you may want to talk to a Pikesville, Maryland, personal injury attorney if any of the following is true for you:
- You were involved in an accident that was not your fault. If you are injured in an accident that was not your fault, Maryland law gives you the right to pursue compensation for your injuries and damaged property. An attorney can help you fight for fair compensation.
- You have had to miss work due to your injuries. If you have missed work due to an accident, you could be losing a lot of money. A personal injury lawyer can help you seek compensation for your lost income related to the accident.
- You have trouble paying your medical bills. Medical treatment is expensive, even with insurance. That is particularly true if you need ongoing care after an accident. You could recover compensation for your medical bills and related expenses by filing a personal injury claim after an accident.
- Multiple parties are injured or at fault. Personal injury cases involving more than two parties can quickly become complicated, and you need to protect your rights. An experienced Pikesville personal injury attorney can help you file multiple claims, if necessary, and help you navigate the insurance issues related to your case.
What Kinds of Compensation Can I Recover in a Pikesville Personal Injury Case?
Your losses in an accident go well beyond your physical injuries. You also have to consider your lost income, the cost of medical treatment, your emotional distress, and more. These often include:
- Medical bills
- Lost income
- Diminished future earnings
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Damaged personal property
Statute of Limitations on Personal Injury Claims in Maryland
Maryland’s statute of limitations on personal injury claims gives you three years from the date of an accident to file a lawsuit. After that deadline passes, you will most likely lose your chance to pursue compensation for your injuries through the courts.
Contact Our Skilled Attorneys at Cohen & Dwin for Help Today
The Pikesville personal injury lawyers at the law firm of Cohen & Dwin, PA, understand how devastating accidents can be. Your life could be turned upside down in an instant, and you might not know where to turn for help.
Qualified and compassionate help is just a phone call or a click away. Contact us for a free consultation with a knowledgeable member of our team today.