Owings Mills Car Accident Lawyer
Being involved in a severe auto accident can be physically, emotionally, and financially devastating. If the crash caused injuries or significant property damage, you may find yourself dealing with exorbitant medical expenses and costly car repairs. Have you been injured in a car accident in Owings Mills, Maryland that was the fault of another driver? If so, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries and losses.
At Cohen & Dwin, P.A., our experienced Owings Mills car accident attorneys are committed to helping people who have been injured through no fault of their own. For over four decades, we have been fighting tirelessly to protect the rights of victims in Owings Mills and throughout Maryland, helping clients pursue the fair compensation they need to get their life back on track.
Contact us today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation with one of our skilled and compassionate Owings Mills car accident lawyers.
Common Types of Car Accidents in Owings Mills
Many types of car accidents occur in Owings Mills and throughout Maryland. Some of the most common types of car accidents include:
- Rear-end collisions
- Head-on collisions
- Side-impact collisions
- Sideswipe collisions
- Collisions at intersections
- Low-speed collisions
- Single-vehicle collisions
- Multi-vehicle collisions
- Vehicle rollover
- Hit-and-run accidents
Dangerous Area for Car Accidents
While car drivers carry a risk in every city, Owings Mills, Maryland, is in an area that’s more dangerous than most.
Owings Mills is a suburb of Baltimore, which ranks among the most dangerous, according to a NerdWallet analysis. The report ranked Baltimore as the No. 3 most dangerous city in the United States for car accidents.
According to the report, residents in the greater Baltimore area are more likely to be involved in an auto accident multiple times within 4.7 years. The fatality rate for car accidents in Baltimore is around five deaths per 100,000 people.
Car Accident Injury Types
- Head Injuries – A high-speed car crash can cause a victim’s head to strike the steering wheel, window, or windshield. This can lead to a concussion, a traumatic brain injury (TBI), as well as other long-lasting forms of brain damage.
- Spinal Trauma and Paralysis – The spinal cord is a long, thin bundle of nerve tissue and support cells that is connected to the brain. Messages pass through the spinal cord from the brain to the body and back. Trauma to this part of the body can permanently damage the ability to control certain parts of the body. Lifelong paralysis can result.
- Chest Injuries – Car accidents can result in internal organ damage if the driver or passenger strikes the steering wheel, dashboard, or another part of the vehicle’s interior. Even the seatbelt and airbag can cause chest injuries. You may suffer broken ribs if you are pushed forwards, backward or sideways because of the impact of the crash. Broken ribs are painful and typically require a long rest period.
- Burn Injuries – Burns can range from minor (first degree) to severe (third degree or fourth degree). Serious burns may require skin grafts and cause scars. Infection and even death are risks posed by severe burns.
- Cuts and Bruises – While these types of injuries often heal relatively quickly, severe cuts and bruises may affect muscle tissue or internal organs. Severe cuts and bruises to the eyes can cause vision loss.
- Broken Bones – Broken arms, legs, hips, pelvis, and even shoulders are common in car accidents. A car accident can put a huge amount of force on the body, and when it’s more than bones can withstand, painful bone break can occur. Broken bones are common in all types of car crashes.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder – Not all car accident injuries are physical. You may suffer from mental and emotional injuries. Common post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) symptoms include flashbacks, nightmares, emotional numbness, difficult sleeping and concentrating, and irritability.
Potential Compensation After an Owings Mills Car Accident
When you are injured in a car accident that was due to someone else’s fault, you may be entitled to compensation for the injuries that you sustain. There are two main types of compensation: economic and non-economic damages.
Economic damages seek to provide compensation for losses that can be easily quantified. Examples include:
- Medical bills (past and future)
- Lost wages
- Lost earning capacity or potential
- Property damage
Non-economic damages are meant to compensate you for more subjective losses that you suffer, including:
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
- Disability or disfigurement
In addition to compensation for your injuries, you may be entitled to compensation for damage to your vehicle in the accident. For instance, you can seek repair costs for your car, along with any other personal property that was destroyed damaged.
How Cohen & Dwin, P.A. Can Help with Your Case
If you have been injured in a car accident in Owings Mills that was due to someone else’s negligence, you need a local lawyer to handle your case. Our car accident attorneys at Cohen & Dwin, P.A. know the laws in Maryland and know the legal deadlines that you must meet.
Our knowledgeable injury attorneys can handle all of the legal legwork for your car accident claim, such as:
- Establishing the personal injury claim
- Communicating with the insurance company
- Investigating the accident
- Following up on your medical care after the accident
- Obtaining medical records and bills
- Gathering the evidence needed to pursue the claim
- Presenting the claim to the insurer for consideration of settlement
- Negotiating a full and fair settlement
- If necessary, taking your case to court
Our team can start by handling your insurance claim. We are prepared to contact the insurance adjuster and try to get your claim paid. We’ll also work to make sure the insurance company does not try to take advantage of you. Insurance adjusters may try to make it look like the car accident was your fault or you weren’t hurt as badly as you say you were.
Insurance companies may also offer a lowball settlement that’s for far less than what your case is worth. Our Owings Mill car accident lawyers won’t let them get away with undervaluing your case.
Contact Cohen & Dwin, P.A. for a Free Consultation about Your Owings Mills Car Accident
Our skilled and knowledgeable personal injury attorneys understand how difficult the aftermath of a car accident can be for you and your family. We are ready to work hard to hold the negligent party accountable and seek full and fair compensation for your injuries.
Contact the Owings Mills car accident attorneys at Cohen & Dwin, P.A. today by calling us or reaching out online. We offer free and confidential consultations. We work on a contingency fee basis, which means you won’t owe us a cent until we secure compensation for you.