Personal Injury Attorneys in Owings Mills
No one is immune to being injured in an unexpected accident. Even when we exercise due care, follow the law, and avoid negligent or reckless conduct, we still cannot control the actions of others. If you have been hurt in an accident, you need to learn about your legal right to compensation for your losses.
The Owings Mills personal injury lawyers of Cohen & Dwin, P.A., can help you seek the financial compensation that you need and deserve after a serious accident. Since 1977, our personal injury lawyers have helped clients in Owings Mills and throughout Maryland successfully secure full and fair compensation in all kinds of personal injury claims.
Contact us now to schedule your free consultation with an Owings Mills personal injury lawyer.
Proving Negligence in an Owings Mills Personal Injury Lawsuit
The experienced attorneys at the personal injury law firm of Cohen & Dwin, P.A., are ready to provide the attentive legal representation you need to pursue maximum compensation for an accident that harmed you. We can thoroughly investigate the facts and circumstances of the accident and build a robust case establishing that someone else is at fault for your injuries and liable for the consequences.
Whether you were injured in a car accident, in a slip and fall, by a defective product, or some other accident, we can collect the necessary evidence to support your case, including police reports, medical records and bills, photographs, video surveillance, and product manuals, for example. We can interview eyewitnesses, speak to law enforcement, and depose expert accident reconstructionists and engineers if necessary.
Our extensive experience handling all types of personal injury cases allows us to tackle even the most complex injury cases in Owings Mills.
Compensation You Could Recover in a Personal Injury Claim
Although the amount of money you could recover in a personal injury claim depends on the unique factors present in your situation, the types of compensation you can pursue are similar across many cases. Our Owings Mills personal injury lawyers can advise you whether you are eligible to seek compensation for losses like:
- Past and future medical expenses
- Lost wages
- Loss of future earning capacity
- Mental distress
- Pain and suffering
Owings Mills Statute of Limitations on Injury Claims
Under Maryland law, you have three years from the date you suffer an injury to file a lawsuit. The statute of limitations sets this deadline. Although it is subject to certain narrow exceptions, you will likely lose your right to pursue compensation if you fail to file within the deadline. The sooner you contact an experienced injury attorney at Cohen & Dwin, P.A., the better.
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Accidents in Owings Mills often lead to severe injuries like the following:
- Traumatic brain injuries – Traumatic brain injuries (TBIs) result from a sudden, sharp jolt or blow to the head. These debilitating injuries can render you unable to work, care for yourself, or participate in what you enjoy.
- Severe burns – Flames, hot surfaces, steam, and chemicals can cause debilitating burns. They often result from industrial accidents and fires that ignited due to defective products. Individuals in car accidents can also be burned if the vehicle catches fire.
- Spinal cord injuries – Traumatic spinal cord injuries are typically the result of accidents, such as traffic collisions and falls.
- Multiple bone fractures – According to the Cleveland Clinic, broken bones are usually caused by traumatic events like crashes, falls, and sports mishaps. The length of time it takes to recover depends on which bones are fractured, the location of the fracture, and the type of fracture.
- Traumatic amputation – A traumatic amputation is the loss of a limb, such as an arm or leg, as the direct result of an injury rather than surgical intervention. Motorcyclists are at particular risk of traumatic amputation in the event of an accident because there is little to protect their limbs.
- Facial injuries and disfigurement – Facial injuries, including eye injuries, can be particularly traumatic, especially if they result in disfigurement requiring the intervention of a plastic surgeon.
- Organ damage – Internal injuries and organ damage to the heart, kidneys, lungs, and liver are often due to car accidents and falls.
If you’ve suffered any of these or other severe injuries because of someone else’s carelessness, the Owings Mills personal injury attorneys with Cohen & Dwin, P.A., want to help you pursue the money you need to pay for your medical care and rebuild your life.
Cases We Handle
At Cohen & Dwin, our Owings Mills personal injury lawyers have over 100 years of combined experience helping injured Marylanders obtain compensation when they are hurt through no fault of their own. Examples of personal injury cases that we handle include:
- Motor vehicle accidents, including car accidents, truck accidents, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, and pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice, including surgical malpractice, medication errors, failure-to-diagnose/delayed diagnosis, and birth injuries
- Dog bites
- Wrongful death
- Dangerous, defective, and recalled pharmaceutical drugs and medical equipment
- Product liability
- Nursing home abuse and neglect
- Workplace accident and injuries
Regardless of how your injuries occurred, the Owings Mills personal injury lawyers of Cohen & Dwin have the experience and resources to help you pursue the compensation you need and deserve. Don’t try to handle a personal injury claim on your own. Let our team take that burden off you.
Where Our Owings Mills Personal Injury Law Firm Is Located
The Owings Mills personal injury lawyers of Cohen & Dwin have a conveniently located office to serve local residents. We are located at 9505 Reistertown Road, Suite 1 North, Owings Mills MD 21117.
Directions to our office:
- From the north: We are located off Exit 4 on I-795 southbound, taking a right off of Owings Mills Boulevard onto Reistertown Road.
- From the south: We are located off Exit 4 on I-795 northbound, taking a right off of Owings Mills Boulevard onto Reistertown Road.
- From the east: We are located off of Exit 20 on I-695 westbound, approximately two miles up Reistertown Road.
- From the west: We are located off of Exit 20 on I-695 eastbound, approximately two miles up Reistertown Road.
Talk to an Owings Mills Personal Injury Attorney Now
If you have been injured in an accident in Owings Mills or elsewhere in Maryland, you may be entitled to compensation for your financial losses and other damages. Contact the personal injury lawyers of Cohen & Dwin today to schedule a free initial consultation.
Let us use our more than 100 years of combined experience to help you understand your legal rights and options. Our team is here to help you fight for the maximum compensation and true justice you deserve.